Grow Your Business in Otero County, New Mexico
If you are thinking about starting, expanding or relocating a business in the Southwest, or if you’re trying to select a site in New Mexico that will suit your unique business, you’ve come to the right place.
Otero County has an established resource available to you and your business: the Otero County Economic Development Council. The OCEDC can help you grow your business in Otero County. The OCEDC has compiled several resources to help you harness the benefits available to New Mexico business owners.
The Keys to Otero County
The OCEDC is committed to your success as a New Mexico business owner. Gauge your business’s potential in Otero County by:
- finding New Mexico and Otero County business incentives.
- locating commercial properties in Otero County.
- learning about the quality of life in Otero County.
- discovering Otero County’s leading local employers.
We also have a comprehensive checklist for starting a new business you may find helpful. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please contact the Otero County Economic Development Council so that we can assist you in starting, expanding or relocating your business to Otero County.
Otero County Business Incentives
The OCEDC showcases Alamogordo business incentives available to local manufacturers, retail traders, farmers and other employers. Our mission is to help your business succeed within our community, and the New Mexico business incentives we highlight can help you slash costs and increase profits.
Economic Geographics in Otero County
Home to Holloman Air Force Base, Cloudcroft and a main travel route to nearby Ruidoso, Otero County is a hidden gem of the Southwest. Economic development is on the rise, providing many opportunities for new and growing businesses. Otero County geographics boast impressive economic development in the retail, healthcare, and social assistance arenas.
Strong growth potential lies in Otero County. All businesses are welcome here, and many are in high demand. The retail and service industries find a comfortable niche in Otero County, and we also heartily welcome:
- Filmmakers: Otero County embraces the film industry, offering financial incentives through the Film Production Tax Credit and the Filmmaker Gross Receipts Tax Deduction. White Sands Missile Range is frequently used as a filming location for movies (recently including Transformers and The Men Who Stare at Goats). Otero County also hosts the Desert Lights Film Festival.
- Commercial real estate developers: Otero County invites commercial real estate developers to create new properties for sale and for lease to keep up with our growing needs.
- Food processing facilities: Otero’s stable and non-transient work force, coupled with strong industry support creates the ideal environment for growth in the food processing industry.
- Agriculture: New Mexico boasts a long growing season, a reliable workforce and prime real estate that is ideal for crops and livestock.
Otero County welcomes your business, and the Otero County Economic Development Council is here to help. Email the OCEDC or call us at (575)434-5882. We will be happy to answer your questions and help you start, expand or relocate your business. Welcome to Otero County!